Caramoor Center for Music & the Arts
Katonah, NY 10536
Title: Special Events Assistant
Supervisor: Special Events Director
Employment Type: FT, non-exempt
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience
References: 3 required
Works closely with: Audience Services, Facilities, Rosen House, Marketing
The Special Events Assistant assists with the management and coordination of the company’s extensive calendar of year-round special events, public programs, and hospitality activities, and serves as the point-person for outside facility rentals. This role is year-round, with many events held on nights and weekends.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
§ Special Events
o Coordinates the production of events such as:
· Cultivation Dinners and Stewardship Events, hosted by trustees and donors,
· Rosen Society Dinner, Friends’ Garden Party, Intermission and Post-concert Receptions, and Symphony Court
· Afternoon Teas and other hospitality-oriented programs;
· Facility Rentals
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Act as a respected and trusted member the Development team as information handled may be sensitive. Team player and self-starter who can display grace under pressure.
· Customer Service & Communication Skills: Must have a friendly and professional attitude and work well with the public to navigate different personality types among stakeholders including, seasonal staff, visitors, VIP donors, artists, senior management team & Board of Trustees. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Administrative Skills: Ability to maintain confidential information; highly organized and detail oriented with a strong work ethic. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities. Command of MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
Benefits: This role is eligible for full-time benefits including medical insurance, life insurance, long term disability, retirement plan, and paid time off.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Special Events Assistant” in the subject line. We will contact candidates only being considered for the role. No phone calls, please.
Caramoor is a cultural landmark and non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music. It’s also a pretty great place to work. For more information about Caramoor please go to www.caramoor.org
At Caramoor, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace. Caramoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO); this means that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, advertising, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, disciplinary action and discharge shall be conducted on the basis of qualification and ability without regard to race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by law.