Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Mills Entertainment is seeking an experienced Stage Manager for a celebrity-driven dance tour from June 9th through August 5th.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates.
· Manage rehearsal process and maintain proper documentation of blocking and technical elements.
· Manage tech rehearsal process, in collaboration with the Production Manager.
· Create and maintain a calling script for run of show.
· Participate in technical advances, as deemed necessary by the Tour Manager or Technical Director.
· Manage daily crew and show call times, sound checks, performances, and seating/house holds.
· Participate in calling the truck pack during load-in and load-out.
· Supervise and participate in the deck load-in and load-out, including laying the marley floor and setting props and scenic items.
· Call audio, video, lighting, spot, and deck cues.
· Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
· Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
· Assist other departments when necessary or available.
· Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
· Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
· Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and/or Assistant Tour Manager.
· Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
· Touring experience is a must. 3 years or more preferred.
· Experience calling a dance show is required.
· Must have experience working in IATSE houses, under Union rules.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
· Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
· Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
· Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage partners and team members.
· Must be willing to submit to a background check.
· Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have worked with celebrity or high-profile talent in the past.
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates with lighting experience.
Additional Information: This is a touring position that requires travel. Position runs June 9th - August 5th, 2019. Weekly rate is $1,200 plus $40 per-diem. Travel and accommodations are provided.
June 9, 2019 - August 5, 2019