Washington, DC 20005
Subscription Marketing Supervisor
Studio seeks a candidate interested in solving one the greatest challenges in not-for-profit, American theatre -turning the tide of a declining subscription base. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver; an innovator who appreciates tradition but is interested in upending the status quo.
An integral position of Studio Theatre’s Audience Services Department, the Subscription and Sales Manager (SSM) is a full-time position responsible for ensuring the success of Studio’s subscription campaigns and group sales efforts. Reporting to the Director of Ticket Sales and Audience Services, and working closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, the SSM will focus on developing Studio’s package offerings and communications around those packages. The position will manage Studio’s annual subscription cycle across multiple departments. The position will also play a role in fostering relationships with group sales clients, and providing supervisory support for part-time hospitality team members.
· With the Marketing Department, develop messaging and marketing strategies around subscription product offerings
· Project manage the communications and administration of the subscription program
· Actively investigate, monitor and test offerings to encourage program participation
· Oversee responses to customer service issues involving subscriber and package holders
· Manage subscription mailings
· Develop and aid execution of group sales strategies for each Studio production
· Correspond with group contacts, send contracts, and ensure order fulfillment
· Provide supervisory support of hospitality team members
· Provide back-up support on incoming sales calls during high volume call periods
· Oversee the processing of subscription and telemarketing orders
· Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· 2+ years’ experience in either a marketing or sales and service position
· Working knowledge of Tessitura or equivalent CRM a plus
· Experience in a supervisory role
· Experience with loyalty programs
· A high attention to detail
· Ability to work on multiple projects in a busy work environment
Studio Theatre offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including matching 401K.
Studio Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT STUDIO THEATRE
Studio Theatre, “one of America’s most celebrated theatres” (Washingtonian Magazine), is Washington, DC’s premier venue for contemporary theatre. Under the leadership of Artistic Director David Muse and Managing Director Meridith Burkus, Studio produces the work of today’s greatest writers, augmented by occasional productions of modern classics. Studio's work is marked by its emphasis on excellence in acting and design and the signature intimacy of its four theatres, all of which seat fewer than 225 patrons. With a budget of over $6 million and 35 full-time staff members, no theatre of comparable budget size operates such exclusively intimate theatres. The quality of this work has been recognized by sustained community support and 64 Helen Hayes Awards for excellence in professional theatre.
The five-play Main Series is the core of Studio’s programming, offering a repertoire of provocative new and contemporary writing from around the world. Complementing the Main Series is Studio X, a purposefully eclectic constellation of three or four projects, encompassing plays that benefit from particularly intimate or immersive stagings, presented work, and some of Studio’s world premiere projects. Studio Theatre’s success producing thoughtful and provocative contemporary work has attracted theatregoers to DC’s Logan Circle neighborhood in ever-increasing numbers over the past 37 years and helped lead the revitalization of the 14th Street corridor into what is today one of Washington’s most vibrant neighborhoods.
Studio is also home to the Studio Theatre Acting Conservatory, now celebrating its 40th year, which offers rigorous theatre training for both adults and young people. Since 1975, the Studio Theatre Acting Conservatory has trained more than 12,000 students, many of whom have gone on to acclaimed careers across the country. The Theatre also trains early-career arts leaders through its apprentice program. An opportunity for both hands-on training and professional development, this 50-week program introduces 13 motivated and qualified young professionals to the rigors and rewards of working at a fast-paced theatre in Washington DC’s rich and extensive theatre community and includes a stipend and housing to ensure that the most qualified candidates will be able to accept these positions, regardless of background.
October 16, 2017 -