Timber Lake Playhouse
Mount Carroll, IL 61053
TIMBER LAKE PLAYHOUSE, a professional Equity theater is seeking an experienced Technical Director for it's 2019 season. This position lives on campus from late April through end of September, but would need to be available for video meetings and conferences by January of 2019. TLP is located in Mt. Carroll, IL. (2.5 hrs from Chicago)
● Execute and oversee the timely production, load in, function and strike of all scenic elements required for the mainstage season.
● Collaborate with Scenic Designer, Artistic Director and Production Stage Manager to ensure best practices in execution of scenic elements to the standards of the company.
● Oversee scenic staff and shop in all daily operations.
● Maintain company equipment and workspaces and report status issues to company leadership.
● Maintain budgets and operations as directed by Artistic Director and Administrative Assistant (Company Manager).
● Attend staff and production meetings as scheduled.
● Implement the Shop and Theatre Safety Plan.
● Other duties as assigned by company leadership necessary for maintaining the integrity of the season.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years working in scenic shop, be a positive leader and be able to work calmly in a fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried position commensurate with experience.
To apply, send cover letter including salary requirments, resume and three professioanl references.
April 27, 2019 - September 27, 2019