The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
Temporary Development Assistant, Individual Giving
The Development Assistant, Individual Giving plays a key role in the Development Department by assisting with tasks related to The Public Theater Partners Program. This is a full time position, approximately 32 hours per week with occasional evenings required. Qualified candidates must be able to commit through August 31, 2017.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in answering emails from donors
- Track reservations, ticket orders, and RSVPs for productions and events
- Assist in the Individual Giving team’s stewardship efforts
- Assist with mailings, including solicitation and acknowledgment letters
- Fill out gift forms for new and renewed gifts
- Attend fundraising and cultivation events as needed
- Data entry and maintenance
- Additional duties to be assigned as needed
Requirements: Qualified candidates will have meaningful customer service skills, an attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Qualified candidates must also be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once. Strong computer skills required, specifically in Tessitura, Microsoft Excel and Word.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Kelsey Moriarty: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.