The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater seeks a highly organized, precise, and motivated Coordinator to help in the coordination of our payroll processes. Our payroll is dynamic and complex, and includes union and non-union payees, production and show-related labor, and a wide variety of other workforces. This role is perfect for someone looking to learn more about the behind-the-scenes of Finance and HR at a large theater. The Temporary HR Coordinator, Payroll will work closely with the HR team, as well as the General Management, Production, Finance, and Operations departments.
- Input show payroll with accuracy and precision, checking deductions and union dues.
- Resolve timecard exceptions.
- Reconcile agency commissions at the end of a show’s run.
- Enter new hires into ADP Workforce Now.
- Scan/file/maintain I9 files.
- Reporting/analysis/HRIS work in ADP and Excel.
- Tracking PTO for full time staff.
- Sort and distribute paychecks.
- Recut checks and resolve address discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to work Monday – Wednesday, with some additional flexibility.
- 1 year of office/administrative experience.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Flexible under high levels of complexity and competing priorities.
This is a 20-25 hour/per week hourly position, for 3 months, with opportunity to extend. This position is non-exempt (eligible for overtime).
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resumes and rate expectations to email@example.com.