The Play Company seeks Company & House Manager
The Play Company
New York, NY 10036
Company & House Manager Search
The Company & House Manager will begin on or about February 17th for the upcoming productions of Lunch Bunch written by Sarah Einspanier and directed by Tara Ahmadinejad Reporting to the Director of Producing & Artistic Planning, this temporary position will play a pivotal role in creating excellent company & customer service, liaising between artistic and administrative staff, and representing The Play Company through closing.
BOX OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Supervise and assist in the hiring of Box Office/Front of House Staff in coordination with the PlayCo Staff.
- Receive & process ticket requests from PlayCo and Artistic Company.
- Coordinate house seat requests for Industry or other VIP patrons.
- Act as primary company representative at performances.
- Act as artistic company liaison by delivering pay checks, processing ticket requests, troubleshooting issues, and coordinating hospitality as needed. This includes delivering paychecks to rehearsal studio in Chelsea every Thursday.
- Coordinate hospitality as needed.
- Check in with actors & stage management prior to each rehearsal/performance on well-being and needs. (Once per week during rehearsal weeks)
- Attend weekly staff meetings (typically Mondays at 2:00PM. Calling into meeting is an option).
- Liaise with marketing department on box office and FOH needs.
- Interface with patrons & press representatives.
- Process ticket sales at point of sale.
- Perform & oversee daily and weekly reconciliations.
- Secure & manage cash deposits.
- Train Box Office personnel on systems and protocol.
- Manage and maintain inventory and stock of concessions during the show runs.
- Submit daily reports on concessions sales and stock.
- Secure & manage cash deposits.
- Manage schedule of concessions personnel to ensure all performances have adequate coverage.
- Train concessions personnel on systems and protocol.
- Interface with patrons and VIPs.
- Alert PlayCo staff when special guests are attending a performance.
- Troubleshoot seating issues.
- Prep the Front of house space with signage, supplies, etc.
- Ensure lobby and theatre are clean and ready for public use.
- Coordinate with Artistic team to craft a pre-show announcement in line with the artistic needs of the production.
- Act as fireguard for facility and ensure compliance for all applicable requirements. Certification required.
- Be the first PlayCo company member on-site for each performance, and the last PlayCo representative to leave after performances/events.
- Assist Producers and General Manager as needed with regards to company and house management.
- Submit daily report to Producing team with house activity and any issues raised by actors & stage management.
- Manage concessions inventory and staff for special patron events, (1-2 per run).
- Train FOH personnel on systems and protocol.
REHEARSAL WEEKS at or around (February 17th – March 15th)
PERFORMANCE WEEKS (March 16th– April 19th, with possible ext to April 26th, 2020)
- Approximately 10 hours/week
- Thursday Company check in and deliver paychecks.
- Manage and process ticket requests
- Approximately 35-40 hours/week
- Tech week. Setting FOH décor and other logistics.
- Must be available for all performances including set-up.
- Must be available to check e-mail a minimum of 3-4 times daily to process ticket requests. Can be done remotely on own schedule.
- Additional office hours flexible.
- Must be available for post-show events (Approximately 1 per performance week).
This is a part-time, temporary position. Rehearsal weeks offer a salary of $175/week, and performance weeks offer a salary of $650/week.
The Play Company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. We strongly encourage candidates of color and from under-represented communities to apply.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 17, 2020 - April 26, 2020
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.