Theatre Operations Manager
New York, NY 10036
Hudson Theatre, the newest AND oldest theatre on Broadway, is searching for a THEATRE OPERATIONS MANAGER to join Hudson’s management team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing mid-large scale venues, the capacity to oversee a theatrical facility and the safety & security of its personnel and patrons during performances with the ability to lead a front of house team to the highest level possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the entire front-of-house department including ushers, concessions, security, housekeeping and other ancillary positions
- Manage theatre operations during performances and events, ensuring a safe and secure building and delivering the best possible service to each and every patron
- Act as the main contact for all patron requests and issues during performances and in the office
- Complete nightly reporting for the theatre and Darling’s, Hudson’s in-house concessions business
- Coordinate staffing for each FOH department, including those with our hotel partner, to create weekly schedules and process payroll
- Maintain a clean and welcoming theatre, keeping a detailed eye on items needing repair or organization
- Perform general office administrative duties including ordering office supplies, handling mailings, printing postage, maintaining filing systems, coordinating HR paperwork, Union Reports and venue calendars
- Ability to fully understand and follow the intricacies of multiple collective bargaining agreements
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff members
- Assist with special events as needed
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
- F03 (Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel), DOH Food Handling & CPR/AED Certifications. If not a current certificate holder of these, must obtain upon hiring
- Excellent personal communication skills with fellow employees, direct reports and the public
- Skilled at effectively instilling a vibe and culture to a large staff who will in turn instill that vibe to patrons
- Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems quickly and work well under pressure
- Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent computer skills are essential with an emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is a full time (non-union), salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package. Please place ‘Theatre Operations Manager’ and your name in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer service management role
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in theatre management
- Knowledge of the Broadway unions and their working rules are a plus
- Experience operating an electronic POS system in a restaurant or bar is preferred
March 4, 2019 -
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to hudsontheatrenyc...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.