Touring Deck Chief
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Now Hiring: Deck Chief who enjoys children’s theatricals to join our 2019 touring production of The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates
- Act as a production assistant during the rehearsal process.
- Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs.
- Participate in load-ins and load-outs, ensuring a safe work environment and that integrity of the show is always being upheld to standard.
- Maintain and repair props as needed.
- Train local deck crew on show tracks during load-in.
- Lead the running of the deck, and execute a deck track during performances.
- Call all show tracks and cues, potentially executing lighting cues from the console as well.
- Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
- Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
- Assist other departments when necessary or available.
- Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
- Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and Production Manager.
- Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
- Must have prior touring experience
- Astute attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
- Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
- Strong organizational and adaptability skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
- Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
- Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for domestic travel and work on the road for the entire tour
- Must have prior touring experience and experience working with minors
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work through the holidays in November and December
- Employment contingent upon completion of background check
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates:
- With at least 2 years theatrical tour experience
- Who have previously worked with minors on theatrical productions
- And have with a background in musical theatre
- Tech in Easton, PA: October 28th - November 14th
- Tour dates: November 15th - December 29th
- Travel home: December 30th
This is a bus and truck tour, most nights will be spent on the sleeper bus
- Salary Minimum: $750.00 weekly
- Per-Diem: $40 per day
- Travel and Accommodations provided
October 28, 2019 - December 30, 2019