Job Title: Stage Manager
Reports to: Director
The Journey…. New York, NY November 2019– Award-winning Henry Box Brown: A Musical Journey in association the New York University Office of Governance & Community Affairs and the Baha’i Office of Education & Schools - is presenting an unprecedented a tour of performances and workshops to six cities over the course of the 2020 year.
Led by Tony Award winner, Ben Harney (Dreamgirls) as director, Henry Box Brown the Musical Journey returns from sold-out performances in a one month UK run which garnered the show a Best Musical Nominee for two-consecutive years with five-star reviews from the international press(from the Times to the British Theatre Guide and many more).
The production fuses R&B and folk music with live choral music - performed by a top New York City gospel choir alongside live drumming and dance - led by a stellar Broadway-lit cast- who tell the unmissable true story of Henry Brown, an 1850’s Virginia slave, who ships himself to freedom in a box.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Studies HenryBoxBrownthemusical.com and ChildrensTheatreCompany.org website and familiar with company vision / mission.
- Set up audition appointments, callbacks/ and follow-up emails and casting
- Maintain rehearsal calendar and rehearsal schedule and studio reservation.
- TECH NEEDS: Maintain / update simple lighting plot, sound plot and costume / prop assignments.
- LIGHTING CUES: Assess general lighting plot and availability at each new venue / city. Work closely with Venue technician to communicate and interpret simple lighting plot.
- SOUND: Update Qlab for all sound and music cues. Work closely with Sound Engineer to communicate lavalier assignments / sound cues and sound check per venue / per city.
- REPORTS: Submit Daily rehearsal, site & performance reports
- Update and maintain a detailed and highly organized Prompt Book.
- COMPANY & AEA POLICIES: Be familiar with AEA GUIDELINES, actors’ contracts and maintain all company policy in an amicable, consistent and professional manner.
- Advance site visit to all venues to pre-check all venue Rider Agreement and technical checklist
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to work cheerfully and professionally with large casts; new environments; and diverse populations
- Trustworthy, transparent and utterly reliable in time-management
- Maintains impeccable communication skills with integrity, grace, kindness and wisdom.
- Work with HBB / CTC administrative office & GM to coordinate arrival of cast and crew per city / per venue
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org The Children’s Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Lighting, Sound & Lavalieres
- Strong Communication, Organizational skills and detail-oriented
December 9, 2019 - March 9, 2020
$1200- $8,000 for up-to 6 cities (non-consecutive weekends)