Now Hiring Stage Manager who enjoys children’s theatricals to join our 2019 touring production of The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical.
Act as a liaison among the various individuals involved, including the director, actors, costume designer, and technical department, and ensures that all elements of the performance run smoothly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates
- Manage workshop, rehearsal, and tech rehearsal processes, maintaining proper and up-to-date documentation for run of show throughout.
- Participate in technical advances, as necessary.
- Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs.
- Participate in load-ins and load-outs, ensuring a safe work environment and that integrity of the show is always being upheld to standard.
- In conjunction with Master Carpenter, who advances tech, manage daily crew and call times for sound checks, performances, meal breaks, etc.
- Call all show tracks and cues, potentially executing lighting cues from the console as well.
- Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
- Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
- Assist other departments when necessary or available.
- Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
- Take and implement creative and technical notes, upholding the artistic integrity of the production.
- Hold notes sessions with cast and crew to ensure consistency with the show.
- Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
- Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and Production Manager.
- Assist the Tour Manager with Meet & Greets.
- Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
- Must have prior touring experience
- Astute attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
- Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
- Strong organizational and adaptability skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
- Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
- Prior experience in providing work direction, coaching others, management or related area
- Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for domestic travel and work on the road for the entire tour
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work through the holidays in November and December
- Employment is contingent upon background check completion
Higher consideration will be given to candidates:
• With related touring experience of 2 or more years
• Who have previously worked with minors
• Who have previously toured with a theatrical show
• With a background in musical theatre
• Who have experience operating an ETC Ion
• Rehearsals in NYC: October 14th - 27th
• Tech in Easton, PA: October 28th - November 14th
• Tour dates: November 15th - December 29th
• Travel home: December 30th
• This is a bus and truck tour, most nights will be spent on the sleeper bus
• Salary Minimum: $834.00 weekly
• Per-Diem: $40 daily
• Travel and Accommodations provided
October 14, 2019 - December 30, 2019