New York, NY
Video and Social Media Digital Intern - Playbill
Love theatre and the arts? Do you eat, sleep and breathe social content? Want to work with one of Broadway’s most iconic legacy brands? Join our team at Playbill.
Playbill is looking for a self-motivated, part-time intern to join their rapidly expanding social and video departments.
- Social media scheduling and administrative tasks
- Community management
- Serving as an assistant at Playbill video shoots in studio and in the field
- Editing and posting video content gathered by the video department
- Collect and analyze weekly social data
- Any other digital tasks requested by your department head
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the entertainment industry including Broadway, Off-Broadway, film and television
- Comprehensive understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and various other live-concept platforms.
- Experience in social media, digital curation, video or a related field.
- Basic videography and editing skills required (IMovie and/or Adobe Premiere)
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and operate professionally when working with A-List celebrities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus
Please submit your résumé and a 140-character cover letter as to why you are the perfect candidate in order to be considered.
Final candidates may be asked to take both a video and social edit test, in addition to a written industry test prior to employment. Please note, serious candidates who are looking to work in theatre journalism or a digital environment need only apply.
Position is eligible for college credit.