The New York Times TimesCenter
New York, NY 10018
Video Engineer/Projectionist – The TimesCenter
Location: New York, NY
The New York Times is a global media organization dedicated to helping people understand the world through unrivaled, on-the-ground, expert and deeply reported independent journalism. To produce our signature journalism and dynamic products that stand apart, we recruit the finest talent in the world. The TimesCenter, located within The New York Times corporate headquarters in New York City, is a world-class, state-of-the-art special events rental venue hosting over 200 corporate and arts events annually, including New York Times specific events.
The TimesCenter seeks a video engineer and projectionist to join the technical team. Working alongside three other technicians, this sub house crew position is responsible for implementing client vision for all types of video presentation in the venue while delivering excellent customer service.
· Working with house production manager and client to ensure seamless integration of all types of video equipment into house video system.
· Working knowledge of Christie “M” series projectors, digital cinema projectors, Dolby cinema servers, Barco switchers, Power Point, Keynote and Playback Pro.
· Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced, time-crunched environment.
· Ability to execute cues in a variety of situations from those called by a show caller to proactively using notes and verbal “cues” from onstage presenters.
· Operation of countdown clock.
· Experience with video in a production/corporate environment
· You are a team player who is happy to go wherever you are needed.
· You’re organized and ready to attack each challenge as presented with a good attitude.
· You have excellent verbal skills and don’t mind interacting with a variety of personalities, whether early morning or late night.
Immediate consideration will be given to all qualified candidates.
September 3, 2019 -