American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
STATUS: Full time/Regular/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
SALARY: $65k - $70k DOE + Benefits
American Conservatory Theater has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated Visual Design Manager to join the organization’s in-house design team. Our three-member team is passionate about design, and committed to creating concept-driven, imaginative, and relevant content that lives up to A.C.T.’s brand and standards of creativity. The graphic design team operates within A.C.T.’s marketing department.
Specific responsibilities may involve any of the following: conceptualizing and designing original art marketing collateral, ads, show art, environmental graphics, annual reports, logos, and invitations for A.C.T.’s mainstage productions, Conservatory classes and productions, and Development department. The Designer oversees the design process for assigned projects, with input from marketing, which includes meeting with internal stakeholders, presenting concepts, and ensuring on-time delivery of materials. The Designer also assists in the layout and design of all print and digital content, and mentors of the visual design fellow, when needed.
· Gather and evaluate user requirements by collaborating with various departments to collect relevant information pertaining to projects
· Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wireframes and process flows
· Create original graphic design concepts
· Customize and create website and digital content
· Prepare and present working drafts to internal teams and key leaders
· Conduct layout adjustments based on feedback from key stakeholders
· Other duties as assigned by leadership
· Manage Junior graphic designer and visual design fellow
Minimum Skills / Qualifications:
· 2+ years of proven experience as a Visual/Graphic Designer
· Portfolio of work required
· Proficiency in Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign for MAC
· Experience with project management systems (ASANA, Outlook 365, etc)
· Bachelor’s Degree or certificate in Graphic and visual Design, or related field preferred
· Illustration skills are a plus
· Knowledge of HTML is a plus
· Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to high demand
· Ability to efficiently organize, prioritize and multi-task
Who We Need:
· Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· A passion for theater and the arts is a plus
· A goal-oriented professional who is self-confident, energetic, and possesses a superb work ethic
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn quickly new concepts and programs
Send resume and cover letter to Visual Designer Search via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled. Position is available immediately.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE.
Diversity makes us stronger. A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.