The Play Company
New York, NY 10036
Part Time Fundraising Assistant
The Play Company, an Obie award winning Off Broadway producing company, is looking for a responsive and detail-oriented team player to help expand their Development Department.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Assistant will have a critical role in the success of The Play Company by providing support for all fundraising activities including donor relations, direct mail appeals, grant writing, and special events. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain first-hand industry experience in arts and/or non-profit management or is looking to augment their college or post-graduate experience.
This position is for 15 hours per week.
Day-to-day Tasks for Development Assistant Position:
• Assist with Special Event planning.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters.
• Update database records.
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective organizational and individual donors.
• Coordinate production of appeal letters.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Interest in contemporary theatre and/or arts management.
• Knowledge of or interest in fundraising practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, as well as manage details.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Database management or Salesforce experience (a plus, but not a requirement).
Please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Frazier, Director of Development, via email: email@example.com.
The Play Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, or religion to apply.