Bucks County Playhouse
New Hope, PA
The Bucks County Playhouse (BCP) seeks a highly-motivated professional with 3 to 5 years of development experience to support the Director of Development in the role of Development Manager.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum three years of experience in non-profit management, preferably in fund development.
· Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task.
· Ability to handle multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
· Ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, to work well under pressure, and comfort with ambiguity.
· Proven ability to work unsupervised; to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases (experience with Tessitura will be given preference).
Relationship Building: Establish positive relationships that mutually benefit the Playhouse, local businesses, corporations, foundations and other funders.
Environment: Create events that are inclusive for all participants and provide a welcoming environment that speaks to all donors, subscribers/single-ticket buyers and the community at large.
Data: Compile and track data for special events including quantitative data (i.e.: attendance) and qualitative data (i.e.: impact). Use surveys and other data to plan and implement future special events efforts.
General: Perform administrative duties to support the Development Department. Work requires accuracy, attention to detail, follow up, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter (detailing relevant past experience), and 3 references to the attention of Bess Godin, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted. Inquiries from direct applicants only preferred - no recruiters or phone calls please.
Please include salary requirement range.