New York, NY 10036
ADV: Waterwell Teaching Artists / Acting, Voice & Speech, Movement
Waterwell, a non-profit NYC theater company, partners with the Professional Performing Arts School (PPAS) to provide 6th-12th grade students with comprehensive, conservatory-style Drama training. We are seeking innovative, passionate teaching artists dedicated to inspiring creativity, discipline, and collaboration. Strong classroom management skills and experience working with youth required. Classes meet during the entire school year, September 2014 – early June 2015.
We are currently hiring for the following disciplines:
1. Acting for middle and high school students. Experience teaching Shakespeare, Chekhov and modern American drama preferred for the high school level.
2. Voice & Speech technique for high school students grades 9-12
3. Movement for the Actor for high school students. Experience with Neutral Masks, Devising, Commedia, and/or Period Dance strongly preferred.
• Adapt and impart rigorous curriculum for a public magnet school
• Prepare and develop class curriculum, lesson plans, tests, papers, and projects
• Work in collaboration with senior staff and faculty to continually develop best practices
• Participate in professional development, curriculum planning, and training meetings
• Grade and write comments for student assessment
• Supervise students and ensure their safety in the classroom
• Learn & reinforce all program policies in alignment with the NYC DOE
• Significant teaching experience required, prior work in urban public schools a plus
• Exemplary classroom management skills
• Experience writing curricula and articulating clear, active learning goals
• Dedication to assessing student growth
Please send resume, cover letter and a sample lesson plan to as soon as possible. In the subject line, please indicate “Teaching Artist Application” followed by the discipline you are applying to teach (f.e. Teaching Artist Application- Voice & Speech).