Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Friedman Theatre Internship
Manhattan Theatre Club is seeking a Friedman Theatre intern for fall 2014. This internship is full-time; hours are scheduled according to the Friedman performance schedule.
The Friedman Intern assists in Theatre Management at the Friedman Theatre with performance-related activities from pre-show to final curtain including: general theatre operations; customer service; patron and subscriber service support; preparation of performance reports; and coordinating, maintaining, and operating the gift shop.
Interns at MTC:
•receive a $200 weekly stipend
•are offered optional weekend and evening work which pays $10/hr
• are given intensive training as well as specific duties and projects in one department under the guidance of experienced supervisors
• attend full-staff meetings and selected departmental meetings
• attend weekly educational seminars led by MTC Department Heads and guests from the MTC extended creative family
• have their own desk, computer, phone, and email account
• MTC’s hours are 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
A completed application includes:
1. An application form which can be found by visiting http://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/how-to-apply/.
2. A letter of interest indicating why this position interests you.
3. A résumé including administrative and theatrical (if applicable) experience.
4. One letter of recommendation (employer, professor, etc.).
Applications can be sent to: Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program; Manhattan Theatre Club; 311 W. 43rd Street, 8th Floor; New York, NY 10036; Fax: 212-399-4329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.