TDF Costume Collection
Astoria, NY 11106
The TDF Costume Collection is seeking an hourly assistant for its busy costume rental warehouse. A program of the Theatre Development Fund (TDF) located within the historic Kaufman Astoria Film Studios, the TDF Costume Collection houses more than 80,000 costumes and accessories which are available for rental nationwide to performing arts companies and educational institutions, as well as film and television productions.
This part-time position is primarily a support position to the Director of the Costume Collection. It will also include reception work and warehouse duties, including the hanging and packing of costumes, organizing costume donations, prepping and organizing displays, climbing ladders, restocking, and more.
This self-motivated individual must be a team player and should have the following experience and qualities:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Basic research skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Experience with filing, data entry, and other general office duties (including answering and making phone calls, applying labels, stuffing envelopes, and more)
• Knowledge of costume history and period
• Running errands and purchasing supplies
• A driver's license is helpful
• Basic hardware/DYI skills a plus
• A passion for Theatre and the Arts
The physical demands of the position cannot be stressed enough, as they may include lifting heavy items, negotiating ladders, and standing for extending periods of time.
This is a part-time position with a somewhat flexible schedule. We are looking for someone to work weekdays from 9AM-3PM, but days and hours may vary depending on need.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All communications must have “Part-time Assistant” in the subject line. Interviews won’t be scheduled until after September 10th. Please no phone calls. The company is an EOE employe