Third Rail Projects
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Production Assistant for Then She Fell
Production Internship (PAID: $25 per performance)
Bessie Award-winning performance group seeks smart, fun, and friendly interns for their immersive theater hit, Then She Fell.
Third Rail’s Production Internship will provide an understanding of immersive theater and on-the-ground training by giving the right candidate a chance to assist both the house management and stage management teams during performance. Interns will work directly with a stage management team of four and will be given an opportunity to learn a variety of management styles.
- Attend 6-10 designated performances to learn the PA Track, training under a previous Intern or an ASM
- Commit to 6-8 performances per week (3-4 days total; performances are two per night)
- Attend swing rehearsals as applicable
- Four-month internship and show commitment; after which, you will be eligible to train and swing for ASM
- Assist with other Third Rail Projects needs, including production needs on future projects
- Support the mission of Third Rail Projects
- Definition and implications of track-based immersive performance
- Audience management in an immersive environment
- Show preparation for heavy show schedule and events
- Creation and utilization of standard operating procedures
Send a cover letter expressing your qualifications and interest in the company as well as a current resume to email@example.com with “Production Intern: Your Name” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
ABOUT THIRD RAIL PROJECTS
Third Rail Projects is a Bessie award-winning company, led by Artistic Directors Zach Morris, Tom Pearson, and Jennine Willett. For more than ten years, Third Rail has been dedicated to reframing dance and performance and bringing art to the public through an array of media and within a variety of contexts including site-specific performances, dance theater, installation art, video and multi-media projects, and immersive performance environments. Third Rail artists have been commissioned and supported by premier institutions such as: Arts Brookfield, Danspace Project, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, the Hong Kong Youth Arts Foundation, Abrons Arts Center, the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, Dance New Amsterdam, Dance Theater Workshop, Topaz Arts, La Mama ETC, 92nd Street Y Harkness Dance Center, The American Music Center, The Lucky Star Foundation, Dance Films Association, Arts@Renaissance, the Hudson Opera House, and the Town Hall, among many others. Third Rail artists have also received numerous awards including two 2008 New York Dance and Performance (Bessie) Awards for Vanishing Point, a 2001 New York International Fringe Festival Award for Choreography from the Present Company. Then She Fell was named one of the top ten shows in New York in 2012 by Ben Brantley in The New York Times and currently one of the top 5 shows rated by StageGrade. Then She Fell also received a 2013 New York Dance and Performance (Bessie) Award for Outstanding Production.