New York, NY 10002
Clubbed Thumb commissions, develops, and produces funny, strange, and provocative new plays by living American writers. Since its founding in 1996, the company has earned five OBIES and presented plays in every form of development, including over 90 full productions. Annual budget: $400,000; staff: 3 full-time staff members: Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director and Associate Producer.
The Managing Director is responsible for the administrative, financial, and fundraising activities of the company. S/he collaborates on all fundraising and marketing (institutional, individual giving, special events and board activities), and oversees finances and daily operations. This individual must be extremely well-organized and flexible, with good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively. S/he must have an affinity for the company’s work and mission, a working knowledge of the new play ecosystem and downtown theater, an affection for artists and the desire to work in a creative/resourceful environment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and manage annual and project budgets; includes generating regular reports.
- Execute day-to-day bookkeeping (reconciliations, accounts receivable and payable, cash flow, payroll and tax paperwork, etc.).
- Run annual audit prep.
- Negotiate all contracts, including union agreements.
- Maintain company systems including mailing lists, databases, etc.
- Organize volunteers and interns.
- Responsible for all HR topics (health insurance, hiring, internal reports and deadlines, etc.)
- Collaborates on Company Management duties for producing season.
- Maintain development calendar.
- Prepare final reports and grant finance reports.
- With Artistic Director and Associate Producer, prepare grants.
- Maintain communication with established institutional funders and donors.
- Identify new sources of institutional support and cultivate relationships.
- Collaborate on developing content for fundraising appeals to individual donors and oversee distribution (mail and online campaigns).
- Work with Producing Artistic Director and Chairman to prepare materials for quarterly board meetings.
- Regularly communicate and engage the board and continue to cultivate prospects.
- With Producing Artistic Director and Associate Producer, produce two special events a season.
3+ years of arts management/development experience required.
Requires facility with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks. Knowledge of WordPress, Sugar CRM, Vertical Response, and Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) a plus.
Full-time position. Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please send a PDF of resume and cover letter to email@example.com.