Soho Rep. seeks a full-time Development Manager to work closely with Executive Director developing and executing strategy to grow individual and institutional fundraising program now totaling $1 million annually.
Soho Rep. is a “very big, small theater.” Our Mainstage productions are consistently among the most artistically ambitious and critically acclaimed of any non-profit theater in the city with recent productions of note including David Adjimi’s Marie Antoinette, Annie Baker’s adaptation of Uncle Vanya, Jackie Sibblies Drury’s We are Proud to Present…, Branden Jacobs-Jenkins’s An Octoroon, and Nature Theater of Oklahoma’s Life and Times, and Lucas Hnath’s Disney.
The Development Manager will report directly to the Executive Director while working closely with the Artistic Director and a terrific Board. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Major responsibilities of the Development Manager will include:
• Working with Executive & Artistic Directors to develop and execute strategic cultivation plan for acquiring major donors at the $5,000+ level
• Overseeing individual donor membership program with an emphasis on increasing revenue and renewal rates through year-round engagement and cultivation
• Working closely with the Executive Director to increase institutional support for the theater with a focus on:
o Assuming primary responsibility for grant requests of up to $10,000
o Working strategically with the Artistic and Executive Director to plan and execute larger grant requests
• Working closely with Executive Director and contracted event producer to plan and execute annual Gala with a focus on:
o Increasing participation from Soho Rep.’s individual donor base
o Increasing live auction revenue
• Planning and executing multiple cultivation events as well as Opening Night parties
• Planning and executing two direct mail pieces annually
• Supervising Development interns in database management, gift entry, and general donor acknowledgment
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 2 years professional non-profit fundraising experience with experience at an arts organization, theater preferred
• Deep understanding of Soho Rep.’s mission and work and ability to communicate that mission to a wide range of people
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ambition and serious interest in a development career
• Excellent organizational and analytic skills. Being detail and deadline-oriented is a must
• Excellent computer competency and experience with Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Excel, and fundraising databases. Experience with Constant Contact (or comparable email service) and Ovationtix (or comparable ticketing service) a plus.
To apply, please send a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and expected salary range via email to email@example.com Indicate “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, please clearly and simply state the reasons that you are applying for this specific position as well as your greater desire to work at Soho Rep.
Soho Rep. is an equal opportunity employer.