By Andrew Gans
18 Mar 2014
|Photo by Matthew Murphy|
Rocky features an original score by the Tony Award-winning team of Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens, who are the album’s producers; the score incorporates the songs “Eye Of The Tiger” and “Gonna Fly Now" from the "Rocky" films.
Elliot Scheiner, a seven-time Grammy Award winner, is recording and mixing the album. He first worked with Ahrens and Flaherty on the Broadway show Seussical. Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering is mastering the recording.
The complete track listing follows:
1. Ain’t Down Yet — Company, Fight Promoter, Gazzo, Buddy
2. My Nose Ain’t Broken — Rocky Balboa
3. Raining — Adrian
4. Patriotic — Apollo Creed, Apollo’s Manager, Miles Jergens, Apollo Girls, Ensemble
5. My Nose Ain’t Broken (Reprise) — Rocky
6. The Flip Side — Rocky, Adrian
7. Adrian — Rocky
8. Wanna Know Why — Gazzo, Buddy, Rocky, Mickey
9. Fight From The Heart — Rocky
10. One Of Us — Company
11. Training Montage 1 — Orchestra
12. In The Ring — Mickey
13. Training Montage 2 (feat. Eye Of The Tiger) — Company
14. Happiness — Rocky, Adrian
15. I’m Done — Adrian
16. Southside Celebrity — Company, Rocky, Apollo
17. Undefeated Man — Apollo & His Entourage
18. Keep On Standing — Rocky
19. The Fight (Round 15) — Company
With a book by multiple Tony Award winner Thomas Meehan and Stallone, Rocky, according to press notes, "brings to life the iconic and inspiring story of struggling small time Philly boxer, Rocky Balboa, who gets a once-in-a-lifetime shot to go the distance against heavyweight champ Apollo Creed. Both an adrenaline-infused spectacle and a surprising story of blossoming romance between two lonely outsiders, Rocky is a heart-stopping and viscerally theatrical new musical for everyone brave enough to follow their dream."
Tony nominee Alex Timbers directs the production, which features choreography by Tony nominee Steven Hoggett and Kelly Devine with orchestrations by Stephen Trask and Tony winner Doug Besterman, musical supervision by David Holcenberg and musical direction by Chris Fenwick.
The musical is produced by Stage Entertainment USA and Sylvester Stallone with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, The Shubert Organization, Kevin King-Templeton, James L. Nederlander & Terry Allen Kramer, Roy Furman, Cheryl Wiesenfeld, Zane Tankel, Lucky Champions, Scott Delman, JFL Theaticals/Judith Ann Abrams, Latitude Link, Waxman/Shin/Bergère and Lauren Stevens/Josh Goodman.