The album, featuring the music of composer-lyricist Oyen — who was recently announced as a 2013-14 Dramatists Guild fellow alongside collaborator James Presson — will also include Oyen, Charlie Rosen, Charlie Brady ( The Burnt Part Boys, South Pacific), Haley Bond, Noah Zachary ( Dear Edwina), Jason Gotay ( Bring It On), Ben Fankhauser ( Newsies), Remy Zaken ( Spring Awakening), Yaniv Zarif, Monet Julia Sabel, Cailan Rose ( Hair), Max Chernin, Drew Gasparini ("Smash"), Brandon Ellis ( Once), Ephie Aardema, Lyle Colby Mackston and Michael McCorry Rose ( Wicked).
"Corey Cott singing 'Letting Go' just seemed like a no-brainer," Oyen told Playbill.com. "I wrote 'Letting Go' for a show that I was doing in college. The show was a solo piece for a wonderful performer named Elyse Edelman and it was about her relationship with her grandparents. Just around the time that I was writing, my grandmother passed away. I was devastated. So I sat down and I wrote this song, which pretty much summed up my life and the show in a very clear way. "
Listen to Cott sing "Letting Go" below:
"Drafts: The Music and Lyrics of Alexander Sage Oyen (Volume Two)" is produced by Oyen and musician Charlie Rosen ( One Man, Two Guvnors). The album is currently available for pre-order on iTunes.
A track listing follows: 1. Der Oyen Cantata Opus 104 (produced by Rosen) – Alexander Sage Oyen,
Charlie Rosen and the Men's Choir of Antarctica
2. Drafts – Charlie Brady
3. I Wanna Fall In Love (produced by Rosen) – Haley Bond
4. Time Is Standing Still – Noah Zachary
5. Funny – Jason Gotay
6. If We Meet Again (produced by Rosen) – Remy Zaken
7. While You're There – Yaniv Zarif
8. Belief (produced by Rosen) – Ben Fankhauser
9. I Wanna Know – Monet Julia Sabel
10. Photo Albums – Cailan Rose
11. The Ground – Max Chernin
12. The Bro Duet – Drew Gasparini and Brandon Ellis
13. Say Tonight – Ephie Aardema and Lyle Colby Mackston
14. Before You Were There – Michael McCorry Rose
15. Letting Go (produced by Charlie Rosen) – Corey Cott
16. Bonus Track: Regret(S) [Composer Demo]
Oyen is the author of Moment by Moment, which was recently seen at 54 Below and will have its international premiere in February 2014. His other projects include Sidekicks, which was seen as part of the NYMF 2012 Reading Series, and A Night Like This, which was produced at Florida State University and Princeton University. He can be heard on Scott Alan's "Live" album and was seen on VH1's "In Search of the Partridge Family." His albums include "Drafts" and "If I Knew Better."
"Drafts" will be available via iTunes, Amazon and CDBaby.