The outdoor fundraiser, which is held in Times Square, Shubert Alley and along West 44th Street, raises money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and features a host of theatrical memorabilia donated by the theatrical community. The day-long event also boasts a Celebrity Table, where theatre fans can purchase autographs by or photos with their favorite stars from Broadway and Off-Broadway. The well-attended event also includes a Grand Auction, where "singular items and opportunities such as walk-on roles in Broadway shows, television programs and films" are auctioned to the highest bidder.
Participants for the The Celebrity Autograph Table and Photo Booth, which offer fans the opportunity to get autographs and pose for pictures with their favorite stars from Broadway and Off-Broadway in exchange for donations to Broadway Cares, follow. (All appearances are subject to change.)
11 AM-11:50 AM: Ann Harada, Bebe Neuwirth, Colman Domingo, Corey Cott, Ed Asner, Elle McLemore, Jan Maxwell, Jeremy Kushnier, Jill Paice, Karen Mason, Kate Arrington, Malcolm Gets, Michael Shannon, Robert Cuccioli, Stephanie J. Block and Tyne Daly.
Noon-12:50 PM: Aaron Lazar, Adam Chanler-Berat, Ari Graynor, Brent Barrett, Chandra Lee Schwartz, Felicia Finley, Judy McLane, Kara Lindsay, Kate Rockwell, Lauren Cohn, Matthew Saldivar, Neil Haskell, Patrick Page, Quinn VanAntwerp and Steve Kazee.
1 PM-1:50 PM: Adrienne Warren, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Jackie Burns, Jason Gotay, Jenn Harris, Jessie Mueller, Judy Kaye, Kyle Dean Massey, Mario Cantone, Michael McGrath, Rob McClure, Ryann Redmond, Taylor Louderman and Will Swenson. 2 PM-2:50 PM: Anthony Rapp, Bernadette Peters, Capathia Jenkins, Charles Busch, Christopher Sieber, Danny Burstein, Debra Monk, Derek Klena, Donna Murphy, Harvey Fierstein, Karen Olivo, Laura Osnes, Lindsay Mendez, Nick Adams and Rebecca Luker.
Silent auction lots are open every half hour from 10 AM-4:30 PM; the live grand auction, hosted by John Bolton, Lorna Kelly and Tasha Lawrence, begins at 4:30 PM. Some of the many Grand auction items follow:
|photo by Joseph Marzullo/WENN|
• Walk-on roles and backstage experiences at
The Book of Mormon, Bring It On: The Musical, Chicago, Mamma Mia!, Newsies, Once, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and
• VIP visits to the sets of TV's Emmy Award-winning comedy "Modern Family," hit drama "NCIS: LA" and the popular inside-theater drama "Smash" (with each show featuring its own Broadway stars-turned-TV-favorites)
• Shirts worn by Hugh Jackman and Ricky Martin during their Broadway performances, autographed and dated by each actor
•The ultimate Barbra Streisand experience, featuring VIP tickets to her upcoming concert at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, a backstage meet and greet with Streisand and her band, a souvenir book and a signed copy of her new CD
• One-of-a-kind show memorabilia signed by Daniel Radcliffe, Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Nick Jonas, Hal Prince, Neil Patrick Harris, Sutton Foster and more
• An unforgettable lunch with stage-and-screen legend Angela Lansbury, winner of five Tony Awards and three-time Oscar nominee and 18-time Emmy nominee
• Opening night VIP tickets and party passes to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Anarchist (starring Patti LuPone and Debra Winger), Dead Accounts (starring Katie Holmes and Norbert Leo Butz), The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Kinky Boots and Matilda, with more to be announced
• Musical phrases written by and signed by Stephen Sondheim, Stephen Schwartz, Alan Menken and Jack Feldman, Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, Bob Gaudio and Frankie Valli, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, Billie Joe Armstrong, Maury Yeston and more
Among the Broadway shows scheduled to have tables are Bring It On, Evita, Jersey Boys, The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Naked Boys Singing, Newsical the Musical, Newsies, Once, The Phantom of the Opera, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and Wicked, among others.
A mobile-friendly map of the Flea Market tables as well as complete lists of all silent and live auction lots are available for smartphone users at broadwaycares.org/flea.
Last year, the 25th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction raised $547,658, bringing the event's 25-year total to $9,185,327.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation's leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised more than $195 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.
For more information, visit BroadwayCares.org.