The album features Tony Award winner Lea Salonga ( Miss Saigon), Samantha Barks ("Les Misérables"), Simon Bowman ( Miss Saigon), Sierra Boggess ( The Phantom of the Opera), John Owen-Jones ( Les Misérables), Ramin Karimloo ( Les Misérables), Katy Treharne ( The Phantom of the Opera) and "Your Voice Competition" winner Kasia Howley.
Music on the album was written and produced by British composers Daniel and Laura Curtis, who most recently produced and composed the digital release "Why Am I Falling?," with Karimloo. The single was also in aid of BBC Children in Need and is featured on the new album. Daniel and Laura also collaborated with Tony-nominated lyricist Bill Russell ( Side Show) on two songs.
"During Laura's first visit to New York City we spent our time rushing around trying to fit in as many tourist attractions as possible. Tiredness soon kicked in and we soon found ourselves stopping to rest regularly. It was only then that we began to see and appreciate that we were constantly surrounded by the emotions and stories of others," said Daniel Curtis in a statement. "From Central Park, where we'd see new parents, couples – young and old, to the 9/11 memorial where the flowers in the names surrounding the water told thousands of stories of loss. From this we decided to create an album that conveyed love in all forms."
A track listing for the album follows:
1. "Why Am I Falling?" -
2. "You Caught Me Off Guard" - Sierra Boggess
3. "Wished That I Could Call You" - Lea Salonga
4. "Tell Me What Makes a Man" - John Owen-Jones
5. "What Love Is For" - Katie Treharne
6. "No Time For Romance" - Simon Bowman
7. "Now" - Kasia Howley
8. "You Fixed My Broken Wings" - Samantha Barks For more information and to purchase, visit DanAndLauraCurtis.com. "Love on 42nd Street" is also available on iTunes and Amazon Mp3.