Recorded in London between 1996 and 1997, Newley's final recordings have remained unreleased until now. The 15-track recording also features collaborations with theatre performers Petula Clark, Julia McKenzie and Marti Webb.
The complete track listing follows:
1. MY FIRST LOVE (from
The Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd)
2. ME WITHOUT YOU
3. THE PEOPLE TREE (with Petula Clark) (from The Good Old Bad Old Days)
4. NO SUCH THING AS LOVE
5. ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? (with Julia McKenzie) (from Chaplin)
6. LOVE SONGS DON'T COME EASY ANYMORE
7. MUSIC OF THE UNIVERSE (with Marti Webb) (from Once Upon a Song)
8. LOVE HAS THE LONGEST MEMORY (from Quilp)
9. MY LAST SONG
10. WHAT SHALL WE BRING?
11. SANTA CLAUS IS ELVIS
12. BEWARE THE NIGHT (LIVE) (from Richard III - Rules OK!)
13. WHAT KIND OF FOOL AM I? (LIVE) (from Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!)
14. WHO CAN I TURN TO? - DISCO (LIVE) (from The Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd)
15. THE MAN WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH (LIVE) Anthony Newley wrote the scores for the Broadway musicals Stop the World — I Want to Get Off and The Roar of the Greasepaint — The Smell of the Crowd. Among his more famous tunes are "What Kind of Fool Am I," "Once in a Lifetime," "Gonna Build a Mountain," "Who Can I Turn To," "Talk to the Animals," "The Candy Man" and "Goldfinger."