Headlining Playbill Travel’s inaugural resort trip will be nine-time Tony winner Tommy Tune, Tony winner Laura Benanti, “Smash” star Megan Hilty, Tony winner Faith Prince, Tony winner Paulo Szot, Tony winner Donna McKechnie, and, returning by popular demand for her fourth Playbill adventure, two-time Tony winner Christine Ebersole. More talent will be announced at a later time.
Actor, musician, conductor and Playbill.com columnist Seth Rudetsky will once again serve as Master of Ceremonies, performer and music director. “Broadway On The High Seas” founding partner Judy Perl and her eponymous Judy Perl Worldwide Travel will once again serve as the Exclusive Playbill Travel Program Provider, coordinating all of the many aspects of the travel experience.
Playbill has taken over the entire St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort and Golf Club for a once-in-a-lifetime experience combining the best of Broadway live entertainment set in the idyllic tropics. Optional activities and accommodations include the following:
- Exclusive performances, interviews, meet-and-greets, late-night Playbill After Dark activities, and more from our award-winning talent
- Golf at St. Regis Bahia Beach’s Robert Trent Jones Jr. Golf Course and at the nearby Trump International, home of the PGA Puerto Rican Open. Plus “Broadway By The Sea” golf tournament with World Golf Hall of Famer, Chi Chi Rodriguez
- Exquisite cuisine at a variety of onsite gourmet restaurants including Jean-Georges’ Fern
- Outdoor activities such as tennis, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, bicycling, nature tours, hiking and jogging paths
- Pampering at the serene Remède spa and fitness facility
- Two miles of pristine, secluded beach
- Seaside pool esplanade with every amenity imaginable, including poolside grill, hot tub, optional private cabanas with butler service
- Commercial Theatre Institute seminar “How to Produce and Invest in a Broadway Show”
- And, much, much more.
“The genesis of Broadway On The High Seas was simply to bring together theatre lovers with a passion for travel,” explains Playbill President & CEO Philip S. Birsh. “We had no idea when we started our cruises in 2011, that it would be met with such a remarkable reception from the public and community alike. In less than three years, our 650-plus Playbill travel guests have visited over a dozen countries including Italy, Greece, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, Poland, Germany and beyond! Our esteemed roster of performers includes some of the greatest talents the stage has ever known: Patti LuPone, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Lea Salonga, Audra McDonald, Marin Mazzie, Christine Ebersole, Norm Lewis, Andrea Martin and many more. We’re excited that Playbill Travel will allow us to keep traveling the world with interesting people, great destinations and extraordinary talent.”