And, like the Playbill programs and Playbill.com itself, the information search on PlaybillEDU.com is free.
Playbill Publisher and President Philip S. Birsh said, "For years college-bound students and their parents have contacted my staff, asking for recommendations on the best colleges for acting, for directing, for piano, for ballet, for stage managing, et cetera. They figured that Playbill, the best-known and most trusted source for information on theatre, dance and music surely must know the best place to pursue studies of those disciplines. Well, now we do. PlaybillEDU.com is the easy, helpful and free way to discover the perfect college for you or the young scholar in your life."
PlaybillEDU.com Executive Editor Robert Viagas said, "PlaybillEDU.com was designed for every student with a dream of being an actor, a writer, a designer, a director, a dancer or a musician, but just felt overwhelmed about finding the right place to go to school with the right atmosphere, the right location, the right courses of study—and at a price you and your folks are able to pay. We've done all the legwork for you and made all the calls. We've designed PlaybillEDU.com as a GPS to your future in the arts.”
Among the features of PlaybillEDU.com:
- Users can find much more detailed information on each school's performing arts offerings than on any other college-search site.
- The site presents its information in three slightly different ways, depending on whether you log in as a student, a parent/guardian, or a guidance counselor. Customized web tools are available for each.
- Tell the database what you're looking for and it will find all the schools that match your desires, and rate them in order of how well they match your criteria.
- Not only does the database tell you about degrees, costs and financial aid, it lists scholarships, internships, demographic information on the student body, and what kind of theatres, concert halls and recording facilities are available.
- A sampling of the courses offered.
- Detailed information for Transfer Students.
- More than a dozen photos and maps for each school.
- Bios and photos of the entire drama, dance and music faculties for each school, plus email addresses so you can contact them directly with your questions.
- FAFSA codes, TAP codes, etc.
- Links to all the school's social media sites so you can talk directly to students and other applicants.
- Fun details, like production shots of recent shows, and bios of famous alumni.
- Everything you need to know to apply--from fees, special requirements for letters of recommendation, special audition requirements, etc.
- Links to places you can apply online.
- PlaybillEDU even has details on special policies— including those schools that don’t allow students to perform until their sophomore year, and which schools don’t allow cars on campus!
- There’s even information for non-majors who want to know if a given school will allow them to perform in department ensembles.
- Once you pick your top schools, the MyPlaybillEDU feature will help you target the best school for you.
- Other features of the personalized MyPlaybillEDU function includes auto-reminders of important deadlines, the ability to save info on your top schools in a private place and attach notes to them that no one can see but you, and anyone else you specify.
- PlaybillEDU.com can even host your audition videos for a modest fee. No need to burn CDs and hassle with the post office. Just send schools the URL and they can watch your video online.