Ruhl's In the Next Room Tops New Yorker's Theatre Moments of 2009
By Ernio Hernandez
December 16, 2009
The New Yorker has named The Top Ten Moments in Theatre of 2009 with Sarah Ruhl's In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play at the head of its countdown.
Critic John Lahr compiled the list for the New York publication. He included mostly New York and London productions and also spotlighted specific performers.
1. In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play
2. Cate Blanchett in A Streetcar Named Desire
3. Wallace Shawn's Grasses of a Thousand Colors (Royal Court Theatre)
4. God of Carnage
5. Blithe Spirit
6. West Side Story
7. Helen Mirren in Phedre
8. Joe Turner's Come and Gone
9. Geoffrey Rush in Exit the King
10. Lily Rabe in the American Plan