|Photo by Joseph Marzullo/WENN|
The pop record — which combines contemporary rock, jazz and folk elements with revealing interpretations of songs by Joni Mitchell, Talking Heads and Noah and the Whale — also includes original songs by Scott and Todd Almond, who serves as producer, arranger and music director.
"All Will Be Well – The Piece of Meat Studio Sessions," according to press notes, "boasts the electric current of Scott's high-intensity singing and an extraordinary mix of stylistic influences. Using songs from her hit show Piece of Meat, which publicly explored the struggle between enlightenment and animal desires, 'All Will Be Well' takes on the more personal themes of love, discovery, spirituality and disillusionment. Where Piece of Meat was a theatrical experience, 'All Will Be Well' has been rearranged and reimagined as a penetrating aural experience – a direct conversation between Sherie and the listener."
"The album is about true love, and letting go of a way of being," said Scott in a statement. "It's about how to decide what to hang on to, and what to let go of."
A track list follows:
1. Five Years Time (Noah and the Whale)
2. Oh, Sean (Todd Almond)
3. Honestly – duet with Todd Almond (Annie Lennox)
4. All I Want (Joni Mitchell)
5. I Am an Animal (Pete Townshend)
6. Love Over Gold (Mark Knopfler)
7. This is Why We Do This (Music by Todd Almond / Lyrics by Todd Almond and Adam Bock)
8. Moments of Pleasure (Kate Bush)
9. Devotion (Music by Todd Almond / Lyrics by Sherie Rene Scott)
Bonus: Life During Wartime (David Byrne / Chris Frantz / Jerry Harrison / Tina Weymouth)
Watch "Oh, Sean":