The Honeymoon's Not Over: Private Lives Will Extend to Sept. 8

By .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
04 Jun 2002

The four-week extension of the Tony-winning Broadway revival of Private Lives, previously reported as a possibility by Playbill On-Line, is a definite. The comedy will stay in New York an extra four weeks, until Sept. 8. The limited run was to have ended on Aug. 14.



The four-week extension of the Tony-winning Broadway revival of Private Lives, previously reported as a possibility by Playbill On-Line, is a definite. The comedy will stay in New York an extra four weeks, until Sept. 8. The limited run was to have ended on Aug. 14.

Producer Emanuel Azenberg, speaking backstage at the Tonys ceremony, said he hoped the limited run production would stay an additional month on Broadway. All depended, he said, on the schedules of the show's two stars, Lindsay Duncan and Alan Rickman.

"I think Alan has to do a couple Harry Potters," said Azenberg, referring to the film franchise in which Rickman plays a villain. Rickman's conflicts have apparently been resolved.

Duncan won a Tony for her performance in Private Lives. Rickman was also nominated, but lost out to Alan Bates of Fortune's Fool. The production also won a Tony for Tim Hatley's set design.