01_ONEILL_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Forrest Theatre opened in 1925. Named for Edwin Forrest, one of America’s first great classical actors, the theatre was produced by the Shuberts and designed by Herbert J. Krapp. Under new management, the venue became the Coronet Theatre in 1945. In 1959, it was renamed in honor of playwright Eugene O’Neill, who died six years prior.

  • Built: 1925
  • Number of Seats: 1108