01_VIR_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Virginia Theatre opened in 1925 as the Guild Theatre, designed by Crane & Franzheim and located at 245 W. 52nd Street. The venue was renamed for owner Virginia M. Binger in 1981. In 2005, the Virginia was renamed the August Wilson Theatre, in honor of the playwright who died later that year.

  • Built: 1925
  • Number of Seats: 1222