John Golden Theatre

01_GOLD_OPEN_2400.jpg

The John Golden Theatre opened in 1927 as the Theatre Masque, designed by Herbert J. Krapp for the Chanin brothers. Producer John Golden bought the venue in 1937 and named it after himself, making it the third Broadway house to bear his name. The theatre remains active today and set a house record with the 2,534-performance run of Avenue Q.

  • Built: 1927
  • Number of Seats: 805
  • Stage Door: To the left when exiting the theatre. The stage door is at the loading dock labeled 270 W 45th St, across from Frankie & Johnnies Steakhouse. (Note: The Golden shares a stage door with the Majestic and Jacobs Theatres).
  • Bathrooms: Ladies and Men's: In the lower lounge, down two flights of stairs (19 steps) from the orchestra level. Wheelchair accessible restrooms located in the Schoenfeld Theatre.
  • Concessions: In the lower lounge, and on the mezzanine level.
  • Water Fountain: In the restrooms.
Now Playing The Glass Menagerie Buy Now