Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre


The Schoenfeld Theatre opened as the Plymouth in 1917. Designed by Herbert J. Krapp, the Plymouth joined the Booth, Broadhurst and Shubert Theatres to solidify the Shubert family dominance on a full block of W. 44th and 45th Streets. In 2005, the theatre was renamed for Gerald Schoenfeld, the chairman of the Shubert Organization.

Read More
  • Built: 1917
  • Number of Seats: 1093
  • Stage Door: In front of the theatre, to the left of the box office entrance when leaving the theatre. The door is labeled "Stage Entrance."
  • Bathrooms: Ladies: Downstairs from the orchestra level. 10 stalls.

    Men's: In the theatre's basement (4 urinals and 4 stalls, including 1 handicapped accessible).

  • Water Fountain: In the restrooms.
Now Playing The Humans Buy Now