Coronet Theatre

Broadway_Marquee_January_2017_HR

The Coronet opened, as the Forrest Theatre, in 1925. Named for Edwin Forrest, one of America’s first great classical actors, the theatre was produced by the Shuberts and designed by Herbert J. Krapp. Under new management, the venue became the Coronet Theatre in 1945. In 1959, it was renamed in honor of playwright Eugene O’Neill, who died six years prior.

  • Built: 1925
  • Number of Seats: 1108
  • Longest Running Show: Tobacco Road
  • Performances: 2,448
Eugene O'Neill Theatre
    • 230 W. 49th St.
    • New York
    • NY
    • United States