Earl Carroll Theatre

Venue Placeholder

Earl Carroll built himself the Earl Carroll Theatre in 1923. Notable playwright Eugene O’Neill premiered Desire Under the Elms two years later. The theatre fell into bankruptcy during the Depression and was converted into a Woolworth’s. The former theatre was demolished in 1990.

Read Full "At This Theatre"
  • Built: 1922
  • Number of Seats: 1025