Imperial Theatre

01_IMP_OPEN_2400.jpg

Built in 1923 under architect Herbert J. Krapp, the Imperial Theatre was designed specifically for musicals, and it became the fiftieth Shubert-owned theatre. In its long history, the Imperial has hosted a series of historic musicals, including 5,000 performances of the 16-year run of Les Miserables.

Read Full "At This Theatre"
  • Built: 1923
  • Number of Seats: 1435
  • Stage Door: On 46th St., between the Imperial and Richard Rodgers Theatres, across from Patzeria Pizza. The door is labeled "Imperial Stage Door."
  • Bathrooms:

    Ladies: Up one flight of stairs from the orchestra level.

    Mens: Up one flight of stairs from the orchestra level (7 urinals and 4 stalls including 1 handicapped accessible.)

  • Concessions: Orchestra and mezzanine levels.

Owner History

Jan 1, 1973 - The Shubert Organization Theatre Owner
Jan 1, 1924 - Oct 20, 1931 Shubert Theatre Corporation Theatre Owner
Dec 25, 1923 - Dec 31, 1924 Messrs. Shubert (Lee and J. J.) Theatre Owner