John Golden Theatre

The Royale Theatre, designed by Herbert J. Krapp, opened January 11, 1927. In 1932, Broadway powerhouse producer John Golden leased the venue and renamed it for himself. Following his departure, the Shubert Organization purchased the theatre and briefly leased it to CBS Radio. In 1940 the theatre returned to legitimate theatre as the Royale Theatre. On May 9, 2005, the Shubert Organization renamed the theatre after long-time president Bernard B. Jacobs.
  • Built: 1927
  • Number of Seats: 1101