Venue Placeholder

The Knickerbocker Theatre opened as Abbey’s Theatre on November 8, 1893. As the Knickerbocker, it premiered the operetta The Red Mill in 1906, and producer Charles Dillingham built a large windmill outside of the theatre to advertise the musical. This was Broadway’s first moving electrical sign. The theatre was demolished in 1930.

  • Built: 1893
  • Number of Seats: 1500