Little Theatre

01_HAY_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Little Theatre opened in 1912, designed by Ingalls & Hoffman for producer Winthrop Ames. Intimately sized with just 299 seats, it was later expanded to seat 597, though it remains the smallest Broadway theatre. In 1983, the theatre was renamed the Helen Hayes, a tribute to the actress and the original Helen Hayes Theatre that was demolished the year prior.

  • Built: 1912
  • Number of Seats: 597