Majestic Theatre

01_MAJ_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Majestic Theatre opened in 1927, the sixth and last theatre built for the Chanin brothers. Designed by Herbert J. Krapp, it remains among the largest of the Broadway theatres. Since 1988, the Majestic has housed The Phantom of the Opera, which surpassed Cats in 2006 to become the longest-running Broadway show in history.

Read Full "At This Theatre"
  • Built: 1927
  • Number of Seats: 1609
  • Stage Door: Exit through the main 44th St. doors and turn right. Walk toward 8th Avenue, then make a right onto 45th. Walk toward a wide gated entrance with metal doors adjacent to the Golden Theatre.
  • Bathrooms: Ladies and men's: Restrooms are located one flight up and two flights down from main lobby. Wheelchair-accessible restroom on orchestra level.
  • Concessions: Orchestra level.

Owner History

Jan 1, 1973 - The Shubert Organization Theatre Owner/Operator
Nov 23, 1936 - Jan 1, 1973 Magoro Operating Corporation Theatre Owner/Operator
Nov 1, 1927 - Nov 23, 1936 Royma Corporation Theatre Owner/Operator
Mar 28, 1927 - Nov 30, 1927 Irwin Chanin Theatre Owner/Operator
Mar 28, 1927 - Nov 30, 1927 Henry Chanin Theatre Owner/Operator