Minskoff Theatre

Minskoff Theatre

01_MINS_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Minskoff Theatre opened in 1973, designed by architects Kahn and Jacobs and named for owners Sam Minskoff and Sons. Situated in a high-rise building, the venue was innovative in its placement 35 feet above Broadway. Since 2006, the Minskoff has housed the transfer of the long-running Lion King.

Read Full "At This Theatre"
  • Built: 1973
  • Number of Seats: 1710
  • Stage Door: Across the alley from the box office, slightly to the right, as you exit the theatre. The door is labeled "Minskoff Theatre Stage Door."
  • Bathrooms:

    Ladies: On the orchestra and mezzanine levels of the theatre. Handicapped restrooms are available on the theatre’s orchestra level and mezzanine levels, and can be accessed via a main lobby elevator designated for guests with disabilities.

    Men's: On the orchestra and mezzanine levels of the theatre. Handicapped restrooms are available on the theatre’s orchestra level and mezzanine levels, and can be accessed via a main lobby elevator designated for guests with disabilities.

  • Concessions: Main lobby and on the orchestra and mezzanine levels.

Owner History

Oct 16, 2002 - James L. Nederlander Theatre Director
Oct 16, 2002 - Sara Minskoff Allan and The Minskoff Family Theatre Director
Nov 1, 1994 - May 13, 2001 Myron A. Minskoff Theatre Director
Apr 16, 1983 - James M. Nederlander Theatre Director
Apr 16, 1983 - May 29, 1994 Minskoff Organization Theatre Director
Feb 7, 1980 - Nov 28, 1982 James M. Nederlander Theatre Operator
May 4, 1978 - Nov 28, 1982 Minskoff Organization Theatre Owner/Operator
Nov 6, 1975 - Sep 26, 1976 Theatre Now, Inc. Theatre Owner/Operator
Mar 1, 1973 - Jun 22, 1975 Minskoff Organization Theatre Owner/Operator