All proceeds from the auction and the concert, which will take place at Manhattan’s Mainstage Theatre, will benefit the Actors Fund.
The auction will be held online until 11:59 PM ET July 17. The items and their current highest bids will be on display at the performance of Mr. President, where bidding will continue in a silent auction until intermission.
Memorabilia for sale includes:
• A poster signed by the original cast of the revival of A Little Night Music, including Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury
• Two tickets to Come Fly Away and a poster signed by the original cast
• A poster signed by the original cast of Sondheim on Sondheim, including Barbara Cook, Vanessa Williams, Tom Wopat and Mr. President star Erin Mackey
• Two tickets to Rock of Ages
• A poster signed by the original cast of Memphis, including Montego Glover and Chad Kimball
• A Mary Poppins package worth over $280
The concert will boast the talents of Larry Daggett (Ragtime, Candide), Kimberly Faye Greenberg (Danny and Sylvia, One Night with Fanny Brice), Erin Mackey (Wicked, Sondheim on Sondheim) with Chuck Karel (Hello, Dolly; Dear World) and Joy Hermalyn (Fiddler on the Roof, La Boheme) as well as Kenneth Kasch, Eric Noone, Tara Novie, Spencer Andrew Taylor, DeeGee Brandemour, Scott Breitbart, Tricia Burns, Brianne Cobuzzi, Jody Cook, Gregory Couba, Benjamin Farha, Jonathan G Galvez, Maggie Graham, Christina Noone, Roger Rifkin, Michal Salonia, Stacey Scotte, Lawrence E. Street, Jennifer Teska, and Melodie Wolford.
Theatrical Gems artistic director Jacob Shoesmith-Fox will direct with musical direction by Steven H. Taylor.
Mr. President features music and lyrics by Irving Berlin and a book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. The musical, according to press notes, "tells the story of the President of the United States and his family during his last few months in office and later, trying to adjust back to normal life in central Pennsylvania."
The Mainstage Theatre is located at 416 West 42nd Street. Tickets are $20 and can be reserved by emailing email@example.com. Tickets will be picked up at the door, cash only.
- Thomas Peter