Axis Company must have thought it had to come up with something special to follow up its fall show, the New York premiere of English dramatist Sarah Kane's Crave, starring Deborah Harry. So, from Feb. 15 to March 24, the Off-Off-Broadway multi-media troupe will present not one, not two, but fully six new works.
Of course, they won't all be produced at once. The plays in question are short, and presented in two cycles of three plays each. Each cycle will enjoy a two-week run. The first trio of one-acts will run Feb. 15-March 3; the second March 8-24.
Cycle One: Feb. 15-March 3:
• Psycho Surgery or the Freeman Watts Standard Procedure, written and directed by Randy Sharp
• Mega God by David Guion, directed by Robert Davenport
• Guy Said, written and directed by Ami Armstrong
Cycle Two: March 8-24:
• Welcome Houdini, written and directed by Randy Sharp
• Zipper Sheet by Jyllian Gunther, directed by Will Pomerantz
• Life Game by Chris Swift, directed by Daniella Topol
Tickets are $10. Axis is located at One Sheridan Square in Greenwich Village. For information, call (212) 807-9300. —By Robert Simonson