When Theater Talk, the Emmy-winning public television chat show, kicks off its new season in October, it will do so without long-time co-host Michael Riedel.
The New York Post columnist will be succeeded by a rotating team of guest co-host journalists:
- Jesse Green, co-chief theatre critic of The New York Times
- Adam Feldman, theatre editor of Time Out/New York and president of The NY Drama Critics Circle
- Donna Hanover, CUNY TV arts correspondent and former host on Good Day New York
- Warren Leight, TV producer and Tony-winning playwright of Side Man
- Michael Musto, Out.com
- Jan Simpson, author of the blog Broadway & Me and Director of the Arts and Culture Reporting Program at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Elisabeth Vincentelli, contributing writer to The New Yorker, The New York Times, and Newsday
- Jason Zinoman, theatre critic and author of On-Comedy column for The New York Times.
Executive Producer Susan Haskins-Doloff, who will return as co-host, told Playbill, “Michael and I had an incredible 25 years together. As he put it, we ran longer than Cats! Our friendship-partnership on the show turned Theater Talk into an institution. I wish him the best with his column and his podcast On the Town, not to mention his new book, the upcoming miniseries…Instead of trying to replace the irreplaceable, I'm excited to work with this cool squad of co-hosts for our new season at CUNY-TV.”
Theater Talk is jointly produced by the not-for-profit Theater Talk Productions and CUNY TV, the City University of New York television station. The series airs five times weekly on CUNY TV and also airs on Thirteen/WNET, WLIW21, and NYCLife/25.