The only dance production originating outside London to be recognized was a staging of two kabuki dramas by a visiting company featuring Japanese superstar Ebizo Ichikawa XI.
The 31st annual Olivier Awards, which were announced yesterday in London, will take place on February 18 at the city's Grosvenor House Hotel.
The nominations are as follows:
Best New Dance Production:
- The Royal Ballet's The Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Opera House
- The Royal Ballet's DGV (Danse _ Grande Vitesse) at the Royal Opera House
- The Royal Ballet's Chroma at the Royal Opera House
- The Shochiku kabuki company's Fuji Musume and Kasane at Sadler's Wells
Outstanding Achievement in Dance:
- Steven McRae for his performances in the Royal Ballet's Homage to the Queen and Chroma
- Carlos Acosta for his program of work and his performances at Sadler's Wells
- Marianela Nuê±ez for her performances in the Royal Ballet's Chroma and The Sleeping Beauty
- Wayne McGregor for his choreography of Chroma for the Royal Ballet