A concept album of Ryan Scott Oliver’s new folk horror musical Tomorrow, the Island Dies is released on all streaming services October 6.
Joshua Zecher-Ross music directs a cast featuring Jason Gotay (City Center Evita), Victoria Huston-Elem (The Addams Family), Jisel Soleil Ayon (Waitress, Hamilton), Shelby Acosta (1776), Kim Onah (& Juliet), Charlie Fusari (Pretty Woman), Miranda Luze (Come From Away), Ethan Carlson (Waitress), Nathan David Smith (Come From Away), Tristan Caldwell, Caitlin Doak, Nicole Deluca, Jack Murphy, and Grace Ellis Solomon.
The musical follows 18-year-old Widow Clack, who is pregnant and lives an exiled life running a lighthouse with her brother on a storm-crushed island. When a young man is found dead on the beach, the remaining young adults combust into dangerous accusations leading to division and, ultimately, death.
The track list follows:
2. Girl of Legend — Jisel Soleil Ayon and cast
3. Asylum— Jason Gotay
4. On This Rock — Shelby Acosta, Miranda Luze, Nathan David Smith, Tristan Caldwell, Caitlin Doak, Kimberly Onah, and cast
5. Ms. Kelly's Tapes — Victoria Huston-Elem
6. Only Human — Jisel Soleil Ayon
7. I Know You — Jack B. Murphy, Caitlin Doak and cast
8. The Beginning of the End — Tristan Caldwell, Shelby Acosta, Miranda Luze, and cast
9. The Price of Living — Charlie Fusari
The musical will receive a workshop presentation in November at Marymount Manhattan College directed by Gotay and a developmental production at Samford University, directed by Chelsea Nicholson.
The concept album is produced by Oliver, Zecher-Ross, Very Intense Productions, and AT New Works, and is a commission from Samford University.