Who We Are
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming, and unique public park and public art space located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. With its one-of-a-kind design and dynamic offerings and experiences, Little Island invites all New Yorkers to experience a public space that is designed to ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection. Little Island relies on its dedicated staff to deliver this experience and cultivate a public space that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
Little Island seeks an Administrative Associate to join the team. This role will be a key player in Little Island’s Administrative department, which oversees and executes the administrative operations of our organization. The Administrative Associate serves as the direct line of communication between the staff and our external IT vendor. In addition, this role collaborates across all departments to ensure efficiency in operational systems and structures and works closely with the Business Affairs Manager and Chief Operating Officer on contract, legal, and insurance matters and projects. An ideal candidate is a strong project manager and problem-solver of day-to-day issues who excels working in a fast-paced start-up environment. They display a high level of discretion and accountability, are dedicated to the details, and are passionate about public space and the administrative underpinnings of a multi-disciplinary non-profit operation. This role reports directly to the Business Affairs Manager.
Annual Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
Schedule Expectations: Weekday office hours, with the flexibility to work some holidays or weekends as needed.
Projected Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Please visit our website www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Do
· Manage communications with our outside IT consulting firm, serving as the first line of defense for user support/Help Desk onsite and project managing any organizational IT projects and initiatives to maintain technological efficiency and security
· Manage company-wide IT systems, hardware, and software usage (Sharepoint, Zoom, Google Drive, etc.), and make recommendations for improvement and efficiency
· Oversee the organization’s IT budget to ensure Little Island is maximizing the relationship with the outside consultant and delivering an excellent IT plan in service to the established budget and contract; Participate in IT contract and work scope negotiations as required
· Work closely with the Employee Experience Department in the new hire onboarding process, ensuring that all new employees are properly set up in our internal systems and receive their web access, credentials, and necessary equipment in a timely manner.
· Train employees on basic office technology such as web applications, conference room usage, TV monitors, etc. in a clear and concise manner; Collaborate with the Employee Experience Associate on the functionality and installation of any new technology in our Headquarters or employee break areas onsite
· Collaborate with all Little Island departments to ensure all systems and software deliver a seamless operational experience for employees, vendors, and artists
· Provide administrative support to the Business Affairs Manager on all legal, insurance and general business operations for the organization. Responsibilities may include: handling insurance claims and necessary paperwork, drafting and editing contracts, and developing and maintaining tracking systems with accuracy and efficiency.
· Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer on departmental projects, meeting coordination and new organizational initiatives
· Partner with COO, Employee Experience Manager and HR Generalist on tasks or projects related to personnel management
· Other duties and projects as assigned, particularly in service to the Administrative department (Business Affairs, Employee Experience, Finance, and Food and Beverage)
What You Bring
· 3-5 years of experience working in operations, project management, or related fields
· A willingness to learn and build your knowledge of computer software and IT functions; proficiency not required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Microsoft Excel
· Ability to work in US
· A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally at Little Island
· Passion for engaging with visitors and guests of Little Island, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
· 10 vacation days, 7 sick days, 3 personal days
· Medical, dental & vision care
· Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
· Commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
· Employee Assistance Program
· Access to free tickets at Little Island and local discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
· Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
· Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
· All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
· Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.